5 Top Tips for starting your business!
Starting your own business is very exciting, but also incredibly daunting for most people. We know very well the highs and lows as we’ve grown our business these last few years! We thought these tips were a really good start if you were thinking of taking the plunge…
- Identify the gap for your business. It comes up on Dragons Den time and time again but you have to evaluate the market and what you’ll be offering to ensure you have a sound business in the making. No good selling pumpkins in January!
- Have you got the drive? It takes a lot of determination and assertiveness to make your business a success. That doesn’t mean you have to be a hard-nosed banker, rather you have the strength and stamina, not to mention belief, that you will be successful and you have something positive to offer. It’s tough, but it’s worth it!
- Clear objectives. Ensure you have a clear goal as to where you want your business to be, how it will operate and where it will function in a crowded marketplace. Are you a local and friendly business or a super efficient franchise? Your unique selling point will differentiate you from the crowd, so use it and use it well.
- It’s who you know. Surround yourself with people you know and trust and who share your passion for your business. That way you’ll open up a pool of different expertise and have the opportunity to bounce ideas around.
- Build a social presence. In today’s world, you have to be more than the bricks and mortar of the premises. Having an interaction with your customers online is crucial for your brand and will distinguish you from the competition. It’s also a valuable insight into current trends which you can use to your advantage.