5 Steps to a Fab 2016!
2016 is here! Have you made any New Year’s Resolutions? Well, any that you can stick to anyway?!
We believe that you can take simple steps to making your life that little bit easier, and they don’t have to take hours or cost a thing. Our top 5 tips are below…
- Declutter your storage areas. How’s your loft looking recently? Or perhaps you have a dresser/cupboard that hides a multitude of sins? There’s a simple way to know if you’re happy with it – how would you feel if your friends/neighbours/parents saw it? Take an hour when you have one, recycle or bin what you aren’t using, or sell anything of value. It’s amazing how much better you will feel for it!
- Buy birthday cards/wrap in advance. A simple trick to avoid last minute panics when someone mentions it’s their birthday tomorrow. Buy 10 or so plain birthday cards, a mix of female/male/kids depending on your friends and family. Have a couple of rolls of plain coloured wrap stashed with them. Hey presto – no more last minute dashes!
- Get a label printer. A small investment in a Dymo label printer will go a long way. Use it to label toy boxes, food jars, large storage boxes, vacuum bags… the list is endless.
- Scanning is planning. Have a mountain of paperwork to file? Why not start scanning your statements, bills, letters etc as they come in? A scanner is a fairly cheap way to start digitally storing your paperwork. All you will need is a small cabinet/box (Wilko’s sell some easy plastic drawers) for passports/birth certs etc that you need originals of. Say goodbye to piles of paperwork!
- Consider a cleaner. Spend your whole life cleaning up after your family while trying to work as well? A cleaner once a week, every other week or even once every 2-3 months for a deep clean will take the pressure off you. Not to mention give you back some time to actually do things you enjoy!
Good luck whatever your plans are for 2016!